How to start a blog
How to start a blog
Hello, lovelies! After the series ‘How to start a powerful blog’ where you learned what it takes to launch a blog, I will show you an easy ‘how to start a blog’ tutorial, step by step, with pictures.
Basically, today I will show you two tutorials:
- How to start a FREE WordPress blog (WordPress.com) (Page 1)
- How to start a self-hosted WordPress blog on Bluehost (WordPress.org) (Page 2)
So, let’s dive in!
1. How to start a FREE WordPress blog
Step 1: Get started with WordPress.com
Step 2: Complete the 3 steps offered by WordPress
1. Enter your future site name e.g. mine is Ave Mateiu – Dream big & Mate it happen
2. Enter the main categories e.g. mine are Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle
3. Set your goals for your site
Enter your future blog address. You can buy the address with the extension .com or .net or your preferred extension. Simply just click on them. Or you can select the FREE address. Later you can change it.
At step 3 click on Start with free. You can purchase a plan or later you can purchase it. I use the Premium plan. For the benefits of plans click here.
Step 3: Finishing the little details
From Site Pages: Easily create pages for your blog
From Blog Posts: You can add new blog posts or manage all your posts
From Media: Add, edit or delete your files: pictures, documents, etc.
Step 4: Customize your blog by picking a new theme
The WordPress Admin Dashboard
It provides access to several administrative functions. On the left side is the main navigation that provides access to most of the WordPress management tools. Each major section typically comes with a sub-menu that can fly out and expand to show extra options. The area in the middle of the screen is called the work area. This is where you can write, edit, and delete posts as well as adjust settings. via wpbeginner.com
Writing your first post
Posts -> Add New – And let your imagination go crazy.
- Post title: Write a catchy title. For more details, please visit my part 2 from the series ‘How to start a powerful blog’
- Permalink: That’s your post URL. You can modify his format from Settings -> Permalinks.
- In this area you have more options: to save your post as a draft, to preview your post. At Publicize, you can select where to share your post.
- The writing area: Microsoft Office Word’s most features so BE CURIOS.
- Categories, tags, featured image, slug, format – for more info about each one, please click on them.
- Text: Easily create your post with HTML codes.
- At screen option you can customize how your writing editor will look.
- After hitting the Publish button your post is LIVE. That means everyone can see it.
I truly hope you’ve found this tutorial helpful.
For more, please visit:
Do you like it?
Share why (or why not!) in the comments!
Feel free to share it on your socials by using the share buttons down below!
Also, don’t forget to join Creative Market for FREE goodies every week:
*Disclaimer – Affiliate links are used. An affiliate link means I may earn a small percentage if you purchase through my link, without any cost to you. It helps me create more awesome content for you. Thank you for your support.*