Hello, lovelies! How’s everything going? Not long ago, I started the series: How to star a powerful blog, and we are at the finale of these series. In today’s post, I’ll write about the maintenance, tracking your stats and how to make money with your blog nowadays. And the best part is yet to come: you will get, at the end of this post, 3 FREE printables: yearly blogging goals, yearly finances & stats and 2 pages beginners trackers.
In the previous posts, part 1 and part 2, I wrote about the business plan you need to have before you start your blog and the best platforms that suits your needs after you decided that you desire a blog, all with FREE printables to help you to achieve your dreams.
A step by step tutorial ‘How to start a blog’ will be posted on my blog on the 1st of September. It will have baby steps with pictures, to make it simple for you.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in our today’s post😎
How to start a powerful blog – part 3
My series consists of 3 blog posts:
- The business plan – what you need to know before you actually set up your blog
- The platforms, not 9 3/4 platform (Hello, HP fans 🧙♂️) – the blogging platform. Where, why and how to sign up on the best blogging platform and publishing the first post
- The maintenance and how to gain money with your blog – in order to have a powerful blog you need to keep it going – and yes, you also need a plan for that. Lucky you, I have that too.
So, having a blog isn’t that easy, right? After a while you get stuck. You have a lack of inspiration or the famous ‘writer’s block’.
— Ave Mateiu (@avemateiu) August 29, 2018
Brainstorming new blog posts ideas is a must and you are nowhere near to find new ones. So, you get stuck…and you almost want to quit blogging, not for good though.
Here are a few strategies to help you get past the ‘writer’s block’:
- A writer writes, right? Thus you need to write. My advice is to always have a little notepad with you. Some good ideas come in the most unexpected ways. Your phone’s notes work like a charm too.
- As it is for me, I have a little agenda with quarterly sections, but an editorial calendar is great too. I plan ahead for what I want to write. For example, finding a great blog post name isn’t easy, therefore I divided my blog into categories: Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle and Blogging, each with subcategories and I decided to post each month on Wednesday and Saturday. So, this Saturday I will post about blogging, next Wednesday I will post about Fashion, and so on, in a circle pattern. It will help you to see the ‘bigger picture’. Also, the deadline for the next post is a little pressure that never hurts.
- Read different kind of books – even though your blog is about fashion, you can read about romantic novels or something else. You can learn new words, new writing techniques or you can picture the main characters style and later you come up with a blog post that includes sunglasses from ’63. You can picture everything. Really. All you have to do is to be open minded.
- Pinterest any day. With some keywords about fashion (or anything you desire) you find the top pins that most of us found them interesting. ’10 great fall outfits ideas’, you can come up with 50 amazing fall outfits ideas. Synonyms are always your best friend.
- And the most important – go out with your friends or go to the cinema, or Somewhere where you can relax yourself, sometimes is the most productive thing you can do.
When it comes to monetizing your blog you have:
- Sponsored posts – a great way to gain money, as long as you write about what you love. Related to your blog topic. Some brands pay bloggers to write reviews of their products. There are also great sites for you to join.
- Freelance – Basically, you have to write for others and they pay you for your work.
- Ads – WordAds, Google Adsense or your preferred site. You can add them onto your blog and make money off of the ads.
- Banners – Some brands will pay you to put a small banner on your blog.
- Affiliate links – There are really great sites with awesome services. You promote a product that you love via an affiliate link and when a reader/customer purchases via your link you receive a commission. Amazing way to gain some money.
- Sell a product – You can always sell a product on your blog. A digital product is a winner. Ebook, ecourse or a planner, is up to you.
- Offer your services – In this case, you are the product. It is up to you to sell ‘yourself’. Add a ‘Work with me’ page where you describe what you know and what you can do.
Here are more ideas and you can always find more ideas on my Pinterest ‘All about blogging’ board:
As I promised I have a little gift:
- How to: start a powerful blog – Part 1
- How to: start a powerful blog – Part 2
- For Beginners: 10 Great Blogging Tips
I hope you enjoyed this post and see you on my next post 😍 Many exciting surprises are planned ahead, so stay tuned 🔜
Dream big & Make it happen