We’ve all seen them. The same old, tired lists of regurgitated tips on how to blog better. They’re so common, you could probably name most of them in your sleep. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of them. I want to know what really works.
- No copy-catting. Stop trying to be like someone you admire and instead find out what unique offering you have.
- Tell the truth. Never lie, mislead, or cajole. Trust is slowly earned and easily lost.
- Be awesome. There’s enough mediocrity out there. Stop adding to the noise, and do something outstanding.
- Encourage community. Write unfinished posts, and ask your community to complete the conversation.
- Never underestimate the importance of networking. If you’re not connecting regularly with readers and other bloggers, you’re missing out.
- Write timeless content. On the web, old content is perceived as irrelevant. Don’t write a newspaper; create a resource. (This is, incidentally, why I intentionally don’t put dates on my posts.)
- Don’t write too little or too much. Generally, I try to write at least 300 words and no more than 1000 words. More than that, though, only write as many words as it takes and cut the rest.
- Find ways to regularly get inspired. This is the only way you can inspire others. When you’re empty, fill yourself up. Don’t neglect this.
- Be generous. Give away more information, content, and ideas than you’re comfortable with. People will reward you. Link to others, but never let someone pay you to do so.
- And don’t give up. Bloggers who stick with it ultimately win.
Get started now, if you haven’t already.
By following these blogging tips and tricks for beginners, your business can also grow blog traffic, generate social shares, and acquire more leads!
Here are some awesome posts you can check too:
- 40 Blogging Tips and Tricks for Beginners to Grow a blog
- 16 Top Tips from Blogging Experts for Beginners
- 39 Blogging Tips From the Pros
What’s your favorite tip?
I hope you enjoyed this post and see you on my next post 😍 Many exciting surprises are planned ahead, so stay tuned 🔜
To Blog = To Share, To Connect, To Create, To Inspire