Big eyes appear youthful, wide awake and healthy. We aren’t all born with oversized peepers though, and that’s where some artful makeup tricks come into play. Here are 9 key steps to make your eyes look bigger and as beautiful as possible. Divine Caroline
Not all of us are born with big, bright eyes. But every girl can appear more alert and even more friendly or feminine with the help of these 9 easy makeup tips and tricks that make eyes look bigger. Here’s how.
1. Define your brows. This brings attention to and frames up the entire eye area. People will perceive your eyes as bigger when more focus is put on the area surrounding them.
2. Add dimension to your crease. A matte, warm brown or even a soft rose color will help to create some dimension and make your eye pop. I used Urban Decay’s Laced with a bit of MAC‘s Blackberry on the outer three-fourths.
3. Add shimmer at the inner corner of the eye. Placing shimmer here catches the light, thus giving the appearance of more open, awake eyes.
4. Use light, neutral colors on the lid. Dark colors recede, light colors bring objects forward. Placing a light color on the lid gives a larger appearance to the eye area. A shadow like Urban Decay’s Sin looks good on everyone.
5. Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a flesh-toned pencil. This creates the illusion that the whites of your eyes extend farther. You can use a white eye liner pencil for this as well, but the flesh tone looks more natural. NYXWonder Pencil is perfect for this.
6. Apply mascara to lower lashes. Skip liner on the lower lash line, which closes the eye in. Mascara is the perfect way to enhance the lower part of the eye without overdoing it.
7. Curl your eyelashes. This is one of the fastest ways to open the figurative shutters on your eyes. Flipping your lashes upwards lets others see the whole eye area more clearly.
8. Apply mascara to top lashes. This is kind of a no-brainer, but definitely apply mascara after curling your lashes to define the top lashes.
9. Apply false lashes. You don’t have to go crazy, but a strip of natural false lashes will bring your eyes out easily. If you have a hooded eye, this is especially effective as it brings your eye out from under the brow bone visually. Ardell Natural Lash gives just enough definition without overwhelming the eye.
- If you’ll notice, I skipped liner in this look. To maximize your lid space, I like to go liner-free. It’s certainly not a necessity, especially if you enhance your lashes with mascara and false lashes. One of the ways I see eyes appear small is with overexcessive liner.
- When in doubt, choose lighter shadow colors for a more open feel.
- Eyedrops can work wonders if you have allergies or persistent redness. When the whites of your eyes are bright, your skin appears more tan too!
Source and more makeup advice: Divine Caroline
Hope you enjoy it like I did 🙂
Next post: Breakfast in Bed
Smile. And if you can’t find a reason to, do it for me.